November 12, 2011
College Reading and Learning Association
San Diego, CA,
Time Management, Motivation, and The Psychology of Procrastination: Understanding and
Teaching Self-Regulatory Behaviors
- Wonderful! Thanks for renewing my own motivation and behavior early on a Saturday morning
and for reminding me how I used to teach-with great energy, humor, drama, and a little shock
- This was an excellent presentation. I've been looking for research based information on
procrastination, rather than just tips! Thank you so much.
- So glad I got up for this presentation. EXCELLENT!
- They keep the best speakers for last.
- Best presentation I've been to at the conference. Very engaging and applicable.
- Very dynamic presentation and most helpful I've been to during this conference;excellent
resources via the handouts. Thank you!
November 18, 2011
Middlesex Community College
- Excellent! Thank you!
- Excellent concrete information and presentation.
- Excellent and much more informative than I thought it would be for a workshop on reading.
- Great refresher with new knowledge.
- Excellent strategies for all levels of students. Superb!
Faculty Development Workshop, Teaching Effective Reading Strategies
February 3, 2012,
Learning Enhancement Forum, Babson College, MA,
Making the Hidden Curriculum of Tutor Training a Key Component of the Overt Curriculum
- "Dr. Hazard was a joy to listen to. Not one minute was wasted. She was engaging, funny,
professional, informed, and very down to earth--not always the case in higher ed. Her material is
excellent, and I took copious notes. I train tutors in 2 different programs--graduate and
undergraduate--and I'm employing some of her information already. I can see why you invited
- "I had my first tutor training workshop the next day. I have already incorporated some of
Laurie's content into my workshop. Loved it!"
- "This is the second time hearing Dr. Hazard speak at Babson. I think her presentation this year
was right on point, engaging and very informative."