The following are a few of the faculty development presentations/workshops I have
Middlesex Community College, Middletown, CT, April 2011
Teaching College Level Study Skills Across the Curriculum: Effective and Efficient Skills and
Strategies for College Success; Carl Perkins Grant-funded workshop (career-based training
programs focused on career pathways from high school to college)
- "Laurie is an invigorating and inspiring leader in the field of motivating
educators to motivate learners. Her enthusiasm is infectious and spurs me on
each time I attend her workshops."
- "Laurie has an incredible gift in delivering information. She is engaging as
well as knowledgeable in her field. A treat to experience, especially since a
workshop on student engagement could be dry."
- "Extremely competent, intelligent presenter who knows how to engage with
her audience; lead them to new knowledge."
- "Great organization of presentation & understanding of what we face with
students and their needs. The sharing of stories always is engaging."
- "Learning how to self regulate and get students to be honest with themselves
to overcome procrastination."
Middlesex Community College, Middletown, CT, November 2010
Intentional Interventions: A Robust Strategy for Augmenting Student Success
Anna Maria College, Paxton, MA, August, 2010
Student Success and Retention Programs
Tunxis Community College, Tunxis, CT, June 2008
Dowling College, Long Island, NY, October, 2007
Mount Union College, Alliance, OH, August, 2007
Psychology of Procrastination
Bentley College, Boston, MA, July, 2007
Babson College, Babson Park, MA, May, 2007
Mount Union College, Alliance, OH, August, 2006
Beyond The “How to” Approach: Integrating College Level Study Skills Into First-Year